- The organization, at its own cost, would have stimulated a good young donor when she is available. Using her eggs and a very healthy semen donor’s sperms, embryos are produced and frozen in our labs. These are used whenever couples want donor embryos.
- When a couple requests for donor embryos, then the organization can start stimulation of an egg donor at that point of time and use sperms from a healthy semen donor to get the embryos.
- When a patient-couple agree to donate their extra embryos after successful conception / delivery, these will also be used for DFET.
Please note that the most important part here is TOTAL ANONYMITY. At no point of time will the egg donor, the semen donor or the embryo donor know about the recipient of the embryo. GarbhaGudi will ensure that the required checks and balances are in place for keeping the whole process confidential and anonymous.
The commercials of a typical DFET cycle will include the following
- Making available one or more high grade embryos for embryo transfer
- Thawing of these embryos from their frozen state
- Performing the embryo transfer in our Operation Theater
- Hera cell Incubator and embryology lab usage charges
- All media used for the IVF procedure and embryo growth
- Embryo Transfer – ET done under the guidance of a fertility specialist and embryologist
- Anesthetist charges for ET, if needed
- Senior and junior embryologist charges for ET support
- Detailed briefing on the procedure and clarifications to questions and concerns
- Detailed screening and investigations for the egg donor
- Detailed screening and investigations for the semen donor
- Legal records maintenance and reporting, consents and approvals from patient and hospital
- Counseling of patient and husband, to explain the intricacies and complexities of IVF treatment
The IVF treatment program does NOT include the following. Costs for the below will be charged over and beyond the package cost.
- All consultations and ultrasound scans
- All lab investigations
- All injections and medications are extra.
- If doctor suggests cyst aspiration, the cost will be about 12,000 to 15,000. This is not included in the standard package.
- If the doctor suggests hysteroscopy, then the cost will be about 12,000 to 15,000. This is not included in the standard package.
- If the couple request for a blastocyst embryo, then the costs will be extra. Usually, blast embryos are not frozen. If frozen blastocyst embryos are available, they will be provided.If couples are particular about blastocyst embryos, some selected high grade normal embryos may be pushed towards blastocyst stage. The cost for moving the embryo into blastocyst is 20,000 and this will be extra.Please note that when embryos as pushed towards blastocyst stage, there is a chance that the embryos may die. In such a case, additional embryos will be provided for embryo transfer at a nominal charge of 75,000.
- OT consumables for ET will be extra. Cost is approximately around Rs. 2000
- In rare cases, the frozen embryos may not survive the thawing (de-freezing) process. In such a case, embryo transfer may get delayed if no alternate high grade embryos are available. The patient has to pay a nominal charge for the second set of embryos.