Pregnancy brings a new meaning to life, a period of great joy of carrying a little soul inside you. Infertility deprives you of the joy of parenthood. IVF or test tube baby is a blessing to every couple who cannot conceive.
Test Tube baby is a non-medical term for babies that are conceived using artificial reproductive technique of in-vitro fertilization (IVF). Here the eggs are fertilized outside the human body and implanted in the uterus
A pregnancy starts with fertilization, when a woman’s egg joins with a man’s sperm. Fertilization usually takes place in a fallopian tube that joins an ovary to the uterus. If the fertilized egg successfully travels down the fallopian tube and implants in the uterus, an embryo starts growing. When this normal process of fertilization does not take place in couples who plan to have a baby advanced techniques of Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART) are done to increase the chances of conceiving a healthy baby. Test Tube baby (IVF ) is a assisted reproductive technique done in the treatment for infertility where the eggs and sperms from the intended couple is allowed to fertilize outside the body in the laboratory and placed in the uterus of a intended mother .
When is a test tube baby (IVF) advised?
It is advised usually to
- Women who are unable to conceive even after one year of trying or six months if a woman is 35 or older
- Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant
- If there are difficulties in conceiving a child because of issues in you or your partner then,
These are some of the Indications for Test tube baby (IVF) :
- Blocked or defects in fallopian tubes
- Premature ovarian failure
- Stage 3 or 4 endometriosis,
- Uterine fibroids
- Poor ovarian reserve
- Women with ovulation troubles due to advanced age
- I Individuals with a genetic disorder
- Women with removed fallopian tubes
- Unexplained infertility
- Repeated IUI failures
- Male factor infertility with diminished counts, motility or morphology
- A problem called varicocele-This happens when the veins on a man’s testicle(s) are too large. T This heats the testicles. The heat can affect the number or shape of the sperm.
- Other factors that cause a man to make too few sperm or none at all.
- Movement of the sperm. This may be caused by the shape of the sperm. Sometimes injuries or other damage to the reproductive system block the sperm.