PCOS is a syndrome of ovarian dysfunction along with the cardinal features hyperandrogenism and polycystic ovary morphology.
Clinical manifestations include menstrual irregularities, fertility issues, signs of androgen excess and obesity.
They are at increased risk of type II diabetes and cardiovascular risks.
The chances of developing the below medical conditions are higher in women with a history of polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Diabetes – due to insulin resistance & obesity.
- Endometrial cancer – Irregular menstruation or lack of periods can cause endometrium to build up and become thick.
- Lipid abnormalities dyslipidemia (high cholesterol)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart attack (myocardial 4 to 7 times infection increased risk)
- Infertility- Due to menstrual irregularities & an ovulation.
- Higher rate of miscarriages.
- Higher risk of gestational diabetes.
- Health Issues associated with PCOS include
Weight gain, fatigue, unwanted hair growth acne, mood changes, headaches, pelvic pain.
Weight loss is generally recommended as first line therapy for obese women.
Weight loss with life style modifications and diet control is also advised. Sometimes medications are also advised which help in weight reduction.
Improvements in reproductive and metabolic status in PCOS have been described with all weight loss methods.
GarbhaGudi is a chain of New-Generation Infertility Treatment Hospitals equipped with state-of- art-infrastructure & cutting-edge IVF Technology to address infertility issues & their emotional & mental effects on couples. We have a team of qualified & experienced doctors; their in-depth knowledge & expertise leaves no stone unturned to solve all your infertility issues. The Supportive & caring staff is always by your side to motivate & guide you throughout the journey. GarbhaGudi IVF, the best fertility treatment hospital in Bangalore, provides emotional support to couples facing infertility issues and sexual problems